The workshop will be helpful to intensive practical knowledge of koha in a short period. Its main aims to provide practical training/hands-on-practice to library professionals in general and Jammu and Kashmir region Library Professionals in particular.
The workshop will be helpful to participants to acquire practical knowledge of KOHA, which will enable them to automate libraries on their own by using it. The basic purpose of this workshop is to equip participants with technical skills for automating their libraries.
- To create awareness and familiarity among Library professionals.
- To promote open source library management system for better administration and management of libraries.
- To equip library professionals with skills and practical knowledge of the OSS Koha for providing better library services to the users.
- To help participants in understanding the Open Source Software Koha and its various modules, this will enable them to implement the software in a very systematic manner.
- Application of Open Source Software in the Libraries
- Open Source Software Koha: Introduction
- Installation of Linux
- Koha Installation and configuration
- Modules of KOHA
- OPAC Customization
- Koha Backup /Restore
- E-mail notices configuration
- Data Migration
Who can Attend?
The workshop is intended for Library and Information professionals, Researchers & LIS Students.
- The registration fee is Rs. 500/-
- Registration fee includes workshop kit, Tea, Lunch, workshop content and accommodation in the hostel.
- The registration amount can’t be refunded after registration.
- Candidates are requested to pay to Beneficiary Name: Indian Institute of Technology Jammu, Bank Name:- ICICI Bank, Jammu- Residency Road Branch, A/c No.:- 026601003417, IFSC:- ICIC0000266
- Accommodation will be arranged in the Hostel.
- Details may be enquired from the organizing secretary.
- Organizers shall provide necessary assistance if informed well in advance.
- For registration, candidates are requested to kindly send the scan copy of the receipt of the payment to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last date to register is December 6, 2019.
Phone Number: +91 9451527031
Email ID: email@example.com