Development of Electrical Smart Grid involves numerous technologies, devices, and systems that will be deployed throughout the electric system to make the grid ‘Smart’. Microgrids are essentially smaller versions of the larger electric grid and are designed to serve localized electric loads. Developments in Smart Grid Technologies have gained momentum in recent years. It brings various issues starting from Wide-Area monitoring, Control, Protection, Communication and Security for effective and reliable operation of the electrical power networks.
Objectives of the programme
- To enable the participants to learn and conceptualize Smart grid and Microgrid technologies.
- To enhance the learning capabilities of the participants in Communication, Wide Area Measurement, Protection and Storage Technologies.
- To empower the participants with the latest knowledge on monitoring, protection and control techniques of microgrids.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods in teaching the subject, ‘Techniques for Monitoring, Protection, and Control of Microgrids’.
- To enable the participants to learn new methods and practice and implement in Learning and Teaching
- Microgrid Modeling and Control issues
- Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) and Wide-Area Monitoring in Microgrid.
- Advanced Protection and Controls for hybrid AC-DC and DC microgrids.
- Coordinated protection and control in SmartMicrogrids.
- Artificial Intelligence and Big-Data in Smart Microgrid.
- Closed loop control of Drives used in Microgrid.
- Electric Vehicles and Charging Stations in Smart Grids.
- Learning Microgrid Monitoring, Protection and Control Techniques through hands on experience.
- Learning concepts of Microgrid through group activities.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by submitting the scanned copy of the filled-in registration form (attached with this mail/ brochure) by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 11th March 2020.
- The selected applicants will be informed about his/her selection through Email on or before 12th March 2020
- Last date of payment of registration: 16 March 2020
- Faculty: Rs.600
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs.300
Dr. Chandrasekhar Yammani,