Data analysis is important aspect to understand problems faced by an organization, and to explore data in meaningful ways. Data in itself is merely facts and figures. Data analysis organizes, interprets, structures and presents the data into useful information that provides context for the data.
This context can then be used by decisionmakers to take action with the aim of enhancing productivity. This FDP is aimed to bring out effective teaching and learning practices of data analysis in various applications.
- To provide a platform to discuss the data science ecosystems which covers the need of data analysis in various areas like biomedical, defense, e-commerce, education etc.
- To investigate theoretical and practical aspects of quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Effectively analyze problems and identify solutions for data analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques utilized in teaching practices decision making.
- Apply quantitative modelling and data analysis techniques to solve real world business problems.
- Introduction to data analysis, trends and research focus on data analysis
- Need of data analysis, Interpretation of data, importing and exporting data.
- Sampling methods for data analysis, filtering the data, normalization of data.
- Tools to analyze data, Statistical data analysis, Dimensions of data.
- Dimensionality reduction, Qualitative data analysis, quantitative data analysis.
- Linear and Non-linear Regression Models
- Classification and Clustering, Predictive analysis, Medical data processing, analysis and feature selection.
- Bottle necks in data analysis, Decision analysis.
Who can attend?
Faculty members in all disciplines of Engineering, Science, Mathematics and working in the Institutions of higher education. Research Scholars, who have an aptitude to work in the areas of data analysis and desire to take up teaching profession as their career.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may apply by submitting the scanned copy of the filled in registration form along with the registration fee (attached with this mail/ brochure) by email to workshopatnitw[at]gmail.com on or before 4th March, 2020.
- Faculty: Rs. 750/- Rs. 1500/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 400/- Rs. 800/-