About the workshop
Biostatistics has become a defined branch of science that uses an intricate combination of Statistics, Probability, Mathematics and Computation to model and solve real life problems in biological and biomedical sciences. As a discipline designed to yield information, biostatistics may also be considered as a highly-developed stream which in turn forms part of the developing and expanding field of bioinformatics.
Consequently, biostatistics draws quantitative methods from fields including statistics, operations research, economics, and mathematics in general; and it is applied to research questions in fields such as public health (including epidemiology, nutrition, environmental health, and health services research), genomics, proteomics, population genetics, medicine, and ecology.
Research in medicine and public health has been both a beneficiary of this new methodology and a source of new problems. It is anticipated that this workshop will help the biologists, biotechnologists, biomedical scientists and students from all these streams to gain insight into statistical analyses. It will also help engineers, mathematicians, statisticians, computer scientists to explore new dimensions for their academic and research activities.
- Descriptive and inferential Statistics
- Correlation and Regression: Predictors Testing, MLR, Multicollinearity, Variance inflation factor (VIF), Logistic regression
- Cohort Case-control and Cross-sectional epidemiological studies
- Hypothesis Testing- Parametric and Non- Parametric
- Factor, Cluster and Principal Component Analysis (PCA)
- Survival analysis and Stochastic Modelling
- Clinical trial and dose response studies
- One-two and three way ANOVA, ANOVA with repeated trials
- CRD, RBD, LSD, IBD, BIBD, Factorial Designs
- Multiple comparison procedures
- Order Restricted Inference
- Case Studies on Biological and Biomedical Data
- Extensive exercise and learning on SPSS, and R
How to register?
- Candidates can download the registration form via this page.
- Send your registration form to the email stbms2020[at]gmail.com in the provided application form.
- Last date of submission of application is May, 15, 2020.
|Participants||Fee without accomodation (Upto MAY 15, 2020)||Fee with accomodation (Upto MAY 15, 2020)|
|Research Fellows (PhD/Post doc)||4000/-||6000/-|
Dr. Tiratha Raj Singh
Mobile: +91 8091004695, 01792-239344
Dr. Neel Kanth
Mobile: +91 8894227228, 01792-239252