Workshop on Photonics Principles and Optical Networks (PPON-2020) at IIIT Allahabad [Apr 23-25]: Registrations Open
About the Workshop
The rapid advancement in the area of Optical Networks provides excellent capacity in terms of Bandwidth. Here, the Optical Network is being used as the backbone network. The aim of this Workshop is to update the knowledge of the participants towards Optical Network and Photonics principles. This workshop will also introduce the participants to the current practices in the field and will help in developing the research aptitude in this area.
The topics to be covered are Introduction to Optical Networks and Routing Techniques, Modulation/DeModulation Techniques in Optical Network, Optical Time Division Multiplexing (OTDM), WDM/Single and Multi Hop Networks, Protection and Restoration in Optical Networks, Elastic Optical Networks, Machine Learning for Optical Networks, Photonic Crystal Fibers (PCF) and plasmonic behaviour of PCF. Lectures and Lab/Hands-On Sessions would help to understand it in better way.
Objectives of the Course
- Update the knowledge of the participants
- Introduce the participants to the current practices in the field
- Develop research aptitude
- Introduction to Optical Networks and Routing Techniques
- Modulation/DeModulation Techniques in Optical Network
- Optical Time Division Multiplexing (OTDM)
- WDM/Single and Multi Hop Networks
- Protection and Restoration in Optical Networks
- Elastic Optical Networks
- Machine Learning for Optical Networks
- Photonic Crystal Fibers (PCF) and Plasmonics
Who can attend?
- Final Yr B.Tech.
- PhD/M.Tech students
- Faculty of Engineering Colleges
- Personnel from Industries
Lectures in the forenoon & Lab/Hands-On Sessions in the afternoon.
Expected Number of Participants: External: 30 & Internal (IIITA): 90
Dr. Rajat Kumar Singh
For more details, click here.
About the Author