Research in the field of media and communication studies as well as other social science disciplines entails a diversity of methods, perspectives, techniques and frameworks. This necessitates the need to train researchers and young faculty with an interdisciplinary orientation. The question arises what is interdisciplinary orientation? Is it mere collection of diverse disciplines and people or diverse range of orientations to the same subjects.
These are some of the issues that the proposed workshop would address during the two weeks programme.
Young faculty and Research Scholars from the following disciplines can apply:
- Social Sciences: History, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration and Public Policy, Anthropology, International Studies, etc.
- Law, Commerce and Business Studies.
- Mass Communication, Journalism and Media Studies, etc.
- Humanities: Literature and Cultural Studies, etc.
Centre for Culture, Media & Governance
Jamia Millia Islamia
Participants will be provided certificates on the completion of workshop.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 4000
- Registration Fee (with accommodation): Rs. 10,000
Mode of Payment
Registration fee must be paid through Demand Draft mode only and must be drawn before 10 April 2019 in favour of The Registrar, Jamia Millia Islamia and payable at New Delhi.
The last date for registration is 28 March 2019.
For further information about the workshop, view the official notification.
About the Author