Annamalai University to organise a workshop on Maintaining Environmental Sustainability in Higher Learning Institutions on 7-8 November 2019. Sustainable development, environmental protection and climate change definitions are increasingly emphasized globally. Analysis on global warming shows, all stakeholders in society must act to reduce their environmental impact.
With increasing concerns about resource use, transport impacts, waste management and other issues affecting the environment, there is a need to respond to climate change. Higher learning institutions, as the place where future leaders are prepared, must provide an understanding of environmental issues and sustainable development for stakeholders and decision-makers, both at the level of a theoretic framework as well as showing the best practices in management of higher education institutions.
The creation of environmentally-friendly higher learning institutions can be defined as a process that reduces the environmental impact both within and outside the, as well as raising awareness of the environment in the communities of higher education. There is a belief that higher education is considered to be the best place to start environmentally friendly activities, because, it can teach principles of understanding and management.
- To impart knowledge on the importance of environmental sustainability
- To create awareness among the stakeholders on environmental sustainability in higher learning Institutions
- Educating the higher education educators about the academic and economic benefits of creating and implementing sustainability programs at their institutions.
- To discuss the strategies for improving sustainability that can be considered in the context of the financial and organizational setup of the higher learning institutions.
- Submission of the Registration form: on or before 31.10.2019
- Selection letter will be sent through email on 03.11.2019
- Confirmation of participation: 05.11.2019
- Workshop dates: 7-8 November 2019
- As a token of participation Rs.500/- should be paid. (only out station Participants) The payment of registration fee should be made in favour of The Registrar, Annamalai University, and Payable at Annamalai Nagar.
- Only 40 Participants will be selected on a first come first serve basis.