Under the Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC) program of Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India, IIT Kharagpur, India and the University of Melbourne, Australia have joined hands for the project on “Integrated Urban Water Management for Enhanced Water Security” where Indian and Australian project partners wish to collaborate to investigate and analyzed the most “workable” solutions for the urban water management targeted to diversely natured Indian and Australian cities/towns.
This workshop as a component of the aforementioned project aims to bring together the various stakeholders including academicians, industries and public sectors organizations working in urban water sector, for the brainstorming over sustainable and interdisciplinary approaches to address various issues related to urban water management.
The workshop would attempt to cover the various domains of urban water management, including water demand analysis and management, water pollution including emerging contaminants and quality control, wastewater management and reuse, integration of stormwater and wastewater in urban water cycle, automation and IoT for monitoring and management, and role of modeling and simulations in urban water management.
- Water Quality Control
- Nanotechnology and Membrane Technologies for Water Treatment
- Water Demand Management
- Modelling and Simulations for IUWM
- Water and Energy Auditing
- Resources Mapping
- Automation and IoT in Urban Water Systems
- Surface Water- Groundwater Interaction
- Sustainable Wastewater Management Approaches
- Fit-for-Purpose Wastewater Treatment
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptations
- Economics and Governance
- Real-Field Challenges
Who can participate?
- Academicians and Researchers
- Industries working in water/wastewater sector
- Public sectors organizations dealing in urban water
- NGOs working in Water Sector
- Last date for receiving participation request: Oct 21, 2019
- Intimation of acceptance of participation request: Oct 22, 2019
- Request for Accommodation: Oct 25, 2019
- There is no registration fee for attending the workshop.
- Interested person should send a participation request to workshop conveners through e-mail latest by Oct 21, 2019 mktiwari[at]swr.iitkgp.ac.in, marora[at]unimelb.edu.au.
- For those, willing to deliver a presentation in the workshop, a brief abstract (max 200 words) should be submitted along with e-mail.
Dr. Manoj K. Tiwari (School of Water Resources, IIT Kharagpur)
Phone: +91 3222 281886 / +91 9002491978
Dr. Meenakshi Arora (Melbourne School of Engg, Univ. of Melbourne)
Phone: +61 38344 6644 / 0401914420