The Department of Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Hamirpur is organizing an E-Workshop on Frontiers in Sustainable Chemical Processes from February 1 to 5, 2021.
The proposed e-Workshop is infused with detailed designing aspects and recent advancements in the chemical and allied process industries. It will have sessions on Process Designing of various Chemical Processes in which various facets of process intensification and energy integration will be covered. This workshop will be helpful for undergraduate & postgraduate students, Ph.D. research scholars, faculties, and working professionals in process industries to conceptualize the designing aspects and translating them to actual industrial practices.
The institute came into existence on August 7, 1986, as Regional Engineering College Hamirpur in Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, India. It was a joint enterprise of the Government of India and the Government of Himachal Pradesh. On June 26, 2002, the institute was awarded the status of the deemed university and upgraded into a National Institute of Technology.
- To provide detailed conceptual design guidelines for developing a sustainable chemical process based on process intensification and energy integration viewpoints.
- To focus on recent technological advancements in process engineering.
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of the key aspects of process engineering.
In this program, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles used in various chemical processes and facilities.
- Apply technical knowledge in developing the best process flowsheet.
- Apply to learn from safety incidents.
- Perform relevant calculations and analyses to assist in operation, sizing & troubleshooting in process engineering.
- Understand recent technical advancements in process engineering.
Who can Apply?
Students- UG, PG, Ph.D., Faculty Members, and Other professionals-Engineers and scientists from Industry and R&D organizations are invited to apply.
- Rs. 500 for Academia/ R&D Labs participants
- Rs. 200 for Students
- Rs. 1000 for participants from Industry
The registration fees can be paid via SBI Collect.
To register for the seminar, click here. The last date to register is January 28, 2021.
E-Certificate will be provided to those registered participants whose minimum attendance is 80% of the program.
For full notification, click the link below.