About the Workshop
Most popularly, econometrics, as evolved from the discipline of Economics, provides the assortments of tools and techniques to analyze the actual economic and business phenomenon quantitatively. In the past few decades, the subject matter of econometrics has developed beyond testing and forecasting the economic, financial, and business theories and is most suited for decision-making and policy evaluation in economics and business research.
It has evolved as an interdisciplinary subject, and knowledge of it enables both practitioners, managers, and social scientists to critically analyze the impact of research on society and vice versa. Such a workshop will offer the participants the practical guidelines for applied research in economic and business issues using advanced econometric tools.
Topics to be covered include
- Introduction to Research Methodology and Methods in Economics and Business Research
- Methods & Tools for Defining and Collecting Economic Data
- Sample and Sampling designs, Data visualization, Summarization, and Inferences
- Classical Linear Regression Analysis: Estimation and Regression Diagnostics
- Beyond OLS- Robust regression, Logit, Probit, Tobit, Censored Regression Analysis
- Time series models- Stationarity tests, Cointegration in Single & Multiple Equations
- Program Evaluation Techniques: Difference-in-Difference, Propensity Score Matching, Regression Discontinuity
- Parametric Approaches to Efficiency and Productivity Measurement: Stochastic Frontier Analysis
- Nonparametric Methods to Efficiency and Productivity Measurement: Data Envelopment Analysis
- Technology Heterogeneity and Meta-frontier Analysis in the Frontier Analysis
- Modeling Bad and Non-discretionary Variables in the Frontier Analysis
- Mechanics of Writing a Research Report and Research Paper
- Publishing Research Paper, Handling Plagiarism & Selecting Journals
- E-library and E-databases
- Report Presentations by Participants
All the registered Ph.D. students of any Indian University/Institute in Economics, Business Studies, & Management will be eligible to apply for the course. MPhil students and faculty members are not eligible for this programme.
However, college or university teachers or members of recognized research institutions who are registered as a Ph.D. candidate can apply. The number of seats is limited to 30. Only 20 outstation and 10 local participants could be accommodated on a merit basis. The priority will be given to the participants from the neighbouring states.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply to Course Director along with duly filled up the registration form on or before April 20, 2020. Registration form can be downloaded from the institute’s website. A soft copy of registration form may please be sent through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Rachita Gulati
Mob.: +91 9675501888