About the workshop
This jointly organised two-day residential workshop on “Creating Alternate Livelihoods through Community Based Tourism” seeks to help participants explore how community-based tourism models can be designed and implemented as an alternative source of livelihood for local communities, in a way which is sustainable and thereby impactful in the long-term.
The workshop will enable participants to envision and plan their enterprises through opportunity recognition, and value creation, market development, capacity building and systems thinking. Potential participants have the added opportunity of receiving mentoring and networking support from ISEED and Grassroutes Journeys Pvt. Ltd, a national award-winning organization working since 2009 in the field of community-based tourism.
Contents of the workshop
The workshop draws on social entrepreneurs and practitioners who have been involved with community-based tourism for over a decade. The sessions would broadly cover the following areas:
- Designing and managing effective community-based tourism initiatives: Understanding community-based tourism, identifying key steps in setting up an effective CBT model, identification of village/area to ecosystem development, involving the local community and building capacities at the grassroots level, establishing quality control systems.
- Identifying and managing key stakeholders: Importance of working with various stakeholders (government to funders, to NGO’s to the local people) and how to go about it.
- Marketing and communication: How to develop potential markets and the role of social media in promoting CBT initiatives.
- Incubation and social entrepreneurial ecosystem: Linking with the ecosystem that provides mentorship, coaching and networking support that is critical for entrepreneurs to be able to leverage their innate strengths.
Who can attend?
- Part of a non-profit organization or a senior professional of a CSR foundation keen on starting or supporting community-based tourism enterprise as an alternate livelihood intervention.
- Part of any government tourism or livelihood department and would like to know more about community-based tourism.
- A founder or co-founder of an existing community-based tourism enterprise.
- Planning to start a community-based tourism enterprise OR have already made some headway and would like to bounce your ideas.
The programme fee is INR 17,700/- per person. The fee is inclusive of 18% GST (current rate), boarding & lodging (single AC room), tuition fee, reading material, stationery, etc. The fee should be paid in advance through NEFT/RTGS.