About the workshop
The realm of Pulmonology has skyrocketed over the last couple of decades and Interventional Pulmonology (IP) is undoubtedly at the zenith of its progress. It is no overstatement that IP is currently the most sought-after subdiscipline of Pulmonology, especially amongst modern day pulmonologists. Mastering this procedural art requires dedicated learning of the intricacies of various equipment involved, practicing the procedures under sound mentors, and refining these skills through constant upgradation and updating.
The current scientific programme has been designed with these very thoughts in mind. This workshop is about two of the most interesting, challenging and rewarding IP procedures: EBUS and Rigid Bronchoscopy. EBUS is now the standard of care in the diagnosis and staging of various thoracic benign and malignant disorders. Extensive evidence exists to support its role in the evaluation of tuberculosis, sarcoidosis, lung cancer, lymphoma, and metastatic malignancies.
Rigid bronchoscopy guided interventions are the ultimate IP procedures that challenge both practicing and naïve pulmonologists alike. The spectrum of its usefulness encompasses foreign body extraction, relieving central airway obstruction, and dilatation and/or stenting of narrowed airways. Optimal patient selection and choosing the right therapeutic intervention in these procedures is paramount, and requires proper training of the personnel involved.
- EBUS-TBNA: Anatomical & bronchoscopic landmarks
- Linear EBUS: How we do it (with video demonstration)
- Sample collection, processing & ROSE
- The rigid bronchoscope, accessories & set-up
- Rigid Bronchoscopy: When and how (with video demonstration)
- Rigid Bronchoscopy: Management of complications
- Linear EBUS-TBNA
- Rigid Bronchoscopy
- Silicon stents: Assembly & deployment
- Student: Rs 6000
- Faculty: Rs. 7000
- The hands-on workstations are limited to 40 participants only, strictly on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- After the hands-on slots are filled, participants may register for the “learn-through-lecture” only sessions (Day 1, sessions 1 and 2 only), for which the registration charges are – Rs 3,000/ $100, on or before 30.11.19.