National Institute of Technology Nagaland (Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering) is organising a Workshop on Computing with Words via Fuzzy logic with Applications on 13-17 Jan 2020.
Professor Ashok Deshpande is the founding Chair Berkeley Initiative in Soft Computing (BISC)-Special interest Group (SIG) Environment Management Systems (EMS) holds a PhD degree in Engineering and Technology. He worked with Professor Lotfi Zadeh, Father of Fuzzy logic at the University of California and the senior most engineer who is deeply involved in fuzzy set theory with applications for the last over 35 years.
Ashok was Deputy Director, National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) /CSIR. He is visiting Professor Essen University, Germany, University of British Columbia Kelowna Centre Canada and University of New South Wales, Canberra, Australia and Adjunct Professor College of Engineering Pune India, and NIT. Professor Ashok has over 4 decades of R&D experience and has over 120 publications in the Journals of international repute.
In the past, Dr. Ashok was WHO Adviser, Common Wealth Science Council Resource Scientist, World Bank Project Director. Dr. Ashok has passion and mission to convey to world scholars that FUZZY LOGIC IS NOT FUZZY!
- Mathematical Preliminaries of Fuzzy Set Theory, fuzzy operations, Type 2 Fuzzy sets, Fuzzy Arithmetic, – Fuzzy relational calculus – Fuzzy Supervised & unsupervised learning in the classical environment – Fuzzy Modelling – Fuzzy inference system
- Application of Fuzzy Logic in various areas of science and technology including medical disease diagnosis, educational data mining and development of fuzzy logic-based instruments and alike
Who can attend?
- Faculty & (Educational Institutions)
- Student & Research Scholars
- Industry Persons
- Faculties: INR 2,000/-
- Research Scholars: INR 5,00/-
- Industry Person: INR 2,000/-
- Registration Deadline: 07th January 2020 (DD in original should reach by 07th January 2020).
- Selection of participants will be first come first basis as number of participants is restricted up to 40.
Dr. Dushmanta Kumar Das
Dr. Dipu Sarkar