About the Institution
Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College, Coimbatore was established in the year 1994 by SNR Sons Charitable Trust has grown into an eminent Institution in Tamil Nadu. The college has been accredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC in 2016.
About the Department
The Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was established in 1994. It offers 4 year B.E. and two year M.E.
About the Workshop
Blockchain is a decentralised database in the form of open distributed ledger for maintaining a tamper proof record of transactional data from untrusted participants over a distributed network. It uses cryptography, consensus algorithms, digital signatures for commoditising trust and provides features like security, trust, immutability, transparency, fastness, etc.
Current requirements in Smartgrid
- Decentralisation through customers engaging in self generation and/or energy arbitrage through storage solutions.
- Lowering losses and cost by encouraging renewables.
- Reduce entry barriers for power distribution.
- Improved procurement process to reduce latency for timely decisions.
Blockchain Application in Smartgrid
- Blockchain simplifies and makes the power procurement process faster utilising Smart Contracts.
- Facilitates the adoption and monetisation of distributed energy transactions and exchanges.
- Increase the security and sustainability of distributed energy resource integration.
Registration for workshop can be made by submitting the duly filled registration form to the Co-ordinator for the event.
DD drawn in favour of “The Principal, Sri Ramakrishna Engineering College” payable at Coimbatore.
The details of the Workshop is available on the website here. The applicant may also submit the application as an attachment file to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Registration: 22.7.2019
Last Date for Intimation: 23.7.2019
Industry Personnel: Rs. 600
Faculty/Research Scholars: Rs. 500
UG and PG Students: Rs. 400