Virtual Reality (VR) is an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real life environment or situation. It immerses the user by making them feel like they are experiencing the simulated reality first hand, primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing. Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology that layers computer-generated enhancements atop an existing reality in order to make it more meaningful through the ability to interact with it.
AR is developed into apps and used on mobile devices to blend computer components into the real world in such a way that they enhance one another, but can also be told apart easily. This workshop paves a path to understand both VR and AR and apply the principles of both in a real-time scenario.
- General Overview of VR & AR technology – History, Types, Concepts
- Hardware and Software components
- Practical applications in different industries: Robotics, Gaming, Healthcare, Entertainment, Construction etc.
- Elements in VR & AR – Haptics, Tracking, Visual perception
- Theoretical Concepts – Geometry Transformations
- Theoretical Concepts – Lights, Optics, Audio
- Training on VR software
- Theoretical Concepts – Visual Perception and Rendering
- VR & AR developments in IPR
- Hand-on Demos and Training – VR & AR
- Role of Virtual and Augmented Reality in Robotics
- Computer vision and human-computer interaction in AR and VR
Who can attend?
The programme is open to the Faculty of AICTE approved Institutions, Research Scholars and PG Scholars interested in the field of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality irrespective of discipline.
- Last date (Online Registration): 12-02-2020
- Selection list by E-mail: 14-02-2020
- Duration: 17-02-2020 to 21-02-2020
- Interested one can register via this page.
- There is No Registration Fee.
- Participant will be selected on first come first basis.
- Total number of participants for the course is 50.
Mr. Sukham Michael
Mr. Mahesh Laishram