IIIT Vadodara invites applications for Workshop on Artificial Intelligence on 11-15 May 2020. The use of computers to solve complex problems is the fundamental theme of Artificial Intelligence. The notion of intelligence being captured by problem solving ability reflects throughout the course.
Understanding the difficult problems in computation and interpreting software as intelligent agents is important. Modeling the problems in a way that can be solved using computer programs is very crucial to understanding artificial intelligence.
After undergoing this course, the students will be able to design and develop programs for an agent to learn and act in a structured environment. The course aims at introducing the fundamental aspects of state space search and game playing agents. The other major aspect covered in the course is about classification problems, i.e. both generative and discriminative models.
- State Space Search: Heuristic Search, Best First Search, Hill Climbing, A*, Simulated Annealing, Genetic Algorithm
- Adversarial Search: Two player games, Min-Max and Alpha-Beta pruning
- Generative Models: Bayesian Network, Markov Random Field
- Discriminative Models: Random Forest, Neural Network, Support Vector Machine
- Announcement of Selected Candidates: April 27, 2020
- Last Date of Receipt of Confirmation of Registration: May 1, 2020
- Announcement of List of Participants: May 4, 2020
Who can attend?
The participant must be either a Faculty or a Research Scholar or a PG Student of AICTE affiliated College/ Institute/ University.
Dr. Pratik Shah
For more details, click here.