About the Workshop
University Grant Commission (UGC) in its circular NO.F.6-1(CCP II) dated 9th January 2009 has mentioned-
- To extend facilities of cassette recorders for Blind students in Universities.
- To provide facilities of persons with disabilities.
- To strictly follow the directions mentioned in PWD Act.
- To introduce the Department of Disability Studies
- To take steps to make the institutions barrier free.
UGC in its XI Plan guidelines has also mentioned-make the building disable friendly and also a ‘barrier free access for persons with disabilities.’ The environment should be barrier free for wheel chairs and for other mobility devices.
As per the directives given by UGC as above, Knowledge Resource Centres of all the Colleges and Universities are expected to develop special facilities for students with disabilities in Knowledge Resource Centres. Many of the Library professionals of knowledge resource centres are unaware about facilities and services for persons with disabilities.
Through this one day workshop, they will get exact idea to develop facilities such as accessible books and journals, accessible publications, use of screen reader softwares, special devices etc. by eminent resource persons.
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To extend library facilities for students with disabilities in college libraries.
- To provide guidelines for development of accessible library for PWD students
- To provide ideas to develop facilities such as accessible books and journals, accessible publications, Screen Reader Softwares, special devices etc. in the library.
- To help college librarians for implementation of Disability Act.
Last date for registration: On or before 06th January 2020 up to 6.00 p.m.
Librarians (university, college and public libraries), Research Scholars and Students in LIS and LIS Professionals.
- Rs.500/- per participant.
- This registration fee includes conference kit, breakfast, lunch, tea, and certificate.
Dr. Namita B. Khot
Dr. Dhananjay B. Sutar
M – 9890940074,