Sampling and Official Statistics Unit (SOSU) of the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata has been conducting workshops on similar topics in the various North Eastern States for many years in the past. Following this Assam University is conducting a five-day workshop cum training program on Official Statistics & Policy Research from Jan 17 to 21, 2020.
Thus, the workshop is planned so that it can be of great help to the young faculty, research scholars and PG students. This can be considered as a special effort to train manpower to ensure that researchers from this region can participate in research that can lead to Policy recommendations using Official Statistics data available in the public domain.
- The program shall be operated through some invited talks delivered by eminent researchers from SOSU of ISI, Kolkata, faculties from other universities/Institutes of North East India and Government Statisticians addressing frontline issues of Official Statistics, Socio-economic studies and Policy research.
- The speakers are expected to share the objectives, methodology, and findings of their research based on official statistics data.
- The speakers are expected to highlight on the type of data required for their studies, data-related issues in the current official statistical system of India (and Assam), public domains from where researchers can extract data related to health and socio-economic aspects, impact evaluation of policy research and so on.
- Presentation of Case Studies by speakers working in the field of Official Statistics and Socio-Economic domains.
Who can Attend?
Registered/enrolled Ph.D. students and faculty members of any recognized university/institute of North East India working in the Department of Statistics or Economics may apply. A researcher from any other department who is working in the field of Official Statistics or some Socio-Economic domains is welcome to attend.
The registration fee for the participants is as follows:
- Rs. 1000/- for Faculty Members working in Universities, Colleges, Research institutes and for employed Researchers/employed Research Scholars
- Rs. 500/- for unemployed full time/part-time research scholars and Post Graduate students.
- To download the registration form, click here.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled in athe pplication form to: Prof. Dibyojyoti Bhattacharjee, Department of Statistics, Assam University, Silchar788011.
- The last date to register is January 6, 2020.
Phone Number: 94351 70253
Email ID: email@example.com