Indian Association of Nuclear Chemists & Allied Scientists (IANCAS) C/O, Radiochemistry Division, BARC, Trombay orgnises 95th DAE BRNS-INCAS National Workshop on Nuclear Sciences and Applications of Radioisotopes in collaboration with KIIT Bhubaneswar.
This workshop, as a part of DAE-BRNS sponsored activity, will provide a forum for mutual interaction among faculty members and scientists from various educational institutions and research organizations.
Eminent scientists specialized in topics related to nuclear chemistry, nuclear physics, nuclear reactors, production and application of radioisotopes and health and safety aspects will be the resource persons of the workshop.
The lectures will be supplemented by Laboratory experiments for the benefit of the participants. In addition, special session will also be held on research funding opportunities in basic and nuclear sciences for the benefit of participants associated with teaching and research.
- Nuclear stability and structure
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Decay
- Interaction of Radiation with Matter
- Radiation Detection and Measurement
- Health and Safety Aspects
- Nuclear Reactors
- Production of Radioisotopes
- Radioisotope Applications in Health Care
- Radioisotope Applications in Food and Agriculture
- Setting-up of Radiochemical laboratory
- Radioisotope Applications in Industry and Chemical Research
- Nuclear Medicines
- GM Counter – a gas filled detector : Plateau, Statistics and Dead Time
- Gamma-ray Spectrometry using NaI(Tl) detector and Shielding Experiment
- Determination of Half-life of 137mBa
- Formulation and Quality Control of Radiopharmaceutical using 99mTc eluted from a 99Mo-99mTc Radionuclide Generator
Call For Participation:
Applications are invited in the enclosed “Participation Form” from faculty members and Researchers in the relevant areas like Nuclear Sciences and Technology, Chemistry, Physics, Bioscience/Biotechnology, Health Science, Pharmaceutical Chemistry etc.
The dully filled Participation Form (enclosed or its photocopy) can be sent to convener till April 30, 2017.
Click here for the registration form.
- To meet the expenditure towards Registration Kit Material & Lunch for all days.
- For Faculty & Scientists/ Research Scholars :Rs.1,000/-
- For accommodation, separate Charges would be applicable.
For more information visit the official link here.