BioDiscovery Group, India in collaboration with Department of Biomedical Science, Shaheed Rajguru College of Applied Sciences for Women, Delhi University is organizing a 3 day training course on Next Generation Sequencing Data Analysis Using Immunome Data from July 5 to 7, 2017.
About the College
It is a part of University of Delhi, is an Twenty Three year old institute offering courses in important vocational disciplines, namely Electronics, Instrumentation, Food Technology, Computer Science and Biomedical Science.
About the Program
This 3 day training course will focus on the use of efficient technologies used in the next generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis using immunome data, the first step in a bioinformatics pipeline for analysing NGS data is usually to align the reads to a reference genome in addition to inferring a genomic start position of the reads, provide additional information such as the mapping quality scores (mapQ) and possibly also indicate which parts of an alignment may be affected.
- Basic Terminologies
- Introduction to file types in NGS
- What is sequence alignment
- Introduction to Genome Analysis
- Database and File Formats in NGS
- NCBI genomics library
- NCBI resources used in NGS
- Introduction to analysis of NGS data
- Install Ubuntu on a Windows machine for sequencing data analysis
- What is the FASTQ format
Practical application will be done on 2-4 sequences and the software on which Demonstration and Training will be done:
- Blasting into SRA using NCBI tools
- Retrieving and checking the quality of sequence using NCBI tools
- Check your sequenced reads for quality using NCBI tools
- Process sequence reads-quality trimming read joining etc using ea-utils
- Align immunome data with IMGT
- Align reads using MIXCR
- tcR package (R package for TCR sequencing)
- TCR sequencing analysis using tcR package
- Immunome data analysis using VDJ tools
With basic knowledge into Life Sciences and Genomics that would like to recieve a comprehensive overview or refresher on the Next Generation Sequencing:
- Bachelors, Masters, Ph.D, students as well Faculty and Professos from Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Immunology, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biomedical Technology, Genetics, Bioinformatics, Plant Science and Life Sciences.
- Professional: Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Pharmaceutical Scientists from industry, academia and regulatory agencies.
Hands-on exercises will be performed individually using software tools on your own laptop. (no prior experience required)
Participants have to bring their own laptop and for which the Linux environment will be provided so that students can use that for running NGS processes on their laptop.
Complimentary workshop material, lunch and Refreshment and Certificate will be provided.
For registration queries contact:
Dr. Manisha Khatri, Assistant Professor, +91 9810169181, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
For further information about the program click here.