Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology’s Workshop on Multimedia Processing and its Security [Allahabad, May 29-June 9]: Apply by May 15
Two weeks self financed workshop on Multimedia Processing and its Security (WMPS – 2017) “A view through eyes of researchers“ is being organised by Department of Computer Science & Engineering Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology.
SCOPE OF THE COURSE:
- This course covers introductory and advanced knowledge of Image, Audio and Video Processing along with their security features.
- The recent growth of multimedia systems has increased the need for the protection of digital media.
- This is particularly important for the protection and enforcement of intellectual property rights.
- Digital media includes text, digital audio, images, video and software. Many approaches are available for protecting digital data; these include encryption, authentication and time stamping.
- This workshop also imparts the practical knowledge through advanced software tools for simulating the research challenges.
- Considering the current research requirements, this course aims at Giving a proper knowledge on simulation software for solving current research challenges in image, audio and video domain using MATLAB and OpenCV.
The major contents of the course will cover the following:
• Acquisition and Representation of Multimedia Signals
• Audio and Video Signal Processing
• Feature Extraction from Audio, Image and Video.
• Audio and Video Quality Assessment
• Image Segmentation
• Image/Video Annotation, Search and Retrieval
• Multimedia Signal De-Noising and Enhancement
• Video Segmentation, Tracking and Summarization
• Multimedia Security
• Secret sharing in Multimedia
• Steganography and watermarking in Multimedia
Two Weeks, 29th May, 2017 – 09th June, 2017
The resource persons for the program shall include experts from reputed academic/research organizations and industry, and faculty from MNNIT Allahabad and other engineering colleges of repute.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
This course provides a forum for research students, faculties and R&D scientist/ engineers working in the related areas to enhance their background and get exposed to intricate research aspects.
This is a general workshop that can also be attended by all UG/PG students, faculties and researchers.
To register for this course, the applicants will have to pay fees in advance via Demand Draft or NEFT.
Click here for the registration form.
- Industry Personnel / Faculty: Rs. 6000/-
- Research Scholars/Students: Rs. 4000/-
Details of Demand Draft (DD):
The Demand Draft (DD) should be drawn in favour of “WMPS-2017″ payable at Allahabad.
Details of NEFT:
Name of the Bank Account: WMPS-2017
Bank Account Number: 718400301000253
Bank Name: Vijaya Bank
Bank Branch: MNNIT Allahabad NEFT/IFSC
Code of Branch: VIJB0007184
Account Type: Current
- Applicants should also send a proof of their identity and designation for claiming the category.
- The participants have to bear their own travelling and accommodation expenses.
- Accommodation may be provided on first come first serve basis to the participants, based on the availability of rooms in the institute Guest house and Hostels.
Complete registration form accompanied by the DD (or NEFT details) should reach to the course coordinator on or before 15th May, 2017.
The applicants are also requested to e-mail a scanned copy of the registration form with payment details in the following address:
Dr. Rajitha B. Course Coordinator, WMPS-2017,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad-211004.
Course Coordinator: E-mail: email@example.com
For any further information / assistance you may contact following student co-ordinators:
Mr. Shambhu Shankar: +919359149633(Mob), firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Manish Gupta: +919457815321(mob), email@example.com
Mr. Sanjeev Kumar: +919161292060(mob), firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please view the programme brochure given here.
About the Author