Workshop on Medical Devices and Rehabilitation Engineering [Mar 27-29] @ IIT Guwahati: Register by Feb 15
About the Course
Understanding the distinct requirements of the medical field coupled with a basic knowledge of the human physiology is essential to address these problems and to develop devices for specific applications. By the end of the program the participants would be able to: Understand the requirement of different biomedical devices; Design different types of medical devices for specific applications; Address the limitations of conventionally used devices; Address medical problems from an engineering point of view.
- Requirement of medical devices: Current status
- Introduction: Engineering approaches to clinical challenges, clinical problems requiring engineering solution
- Materials for biomedical implants and devices
- Implantable devices and systems
- Wearable devices
- Gait lab
- Prostheses and Orthoses
- Faculties/Scientists/Engineers/Medical Professionals/those working in Universities/ Institutes/Colleges in North East ONLY can apply.
- Students can also apply (selection will be based on seat availability )
- A basic knowledge in the field of healthcare engineering is desirable.
- No course fee is charged
- Rs. 2000/- caution-deposit money in the form of DD in favour of IIT Guwahati has to be sent along with the application , and will be refunded only after participation in the program
- Money will also be refunded to those who are not selected
- TA & DA will be provided to the participants against valid train(AC 3 tier)/bus(sleeper) tickets and cash receipts.
- Boarding and lodging facilities shall be provided in the institute guest house
Online registration: 15/02/2019
Receipt of hard copy by post: 22/02/2019
Intimation of selection: 26/02/2019
Workshop: 27-29 March 2019
Ph. No: 0361-258-2676(O), 3428 (lab)
For Official Link, click here.
About the Author