About the Organiser
Kongu Engineering College was established in the year 1984. Approved by AICTE, New Delhi and affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. It offers 14 UG programmes, 19 PG programmes and 16 Research programmes in Engineering, Applied Sciences and Management imparting high-quality value-added education in India.
Machine learning is a type of artificial intelligence (AI) that provides computers with the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed. Machine learning focuses on the development of Computer Programs that can change when exposed to new data. The iterative aspect of machine learning is important because as models are exposed to new data, they are able to independently adapt. They learn from previous computations to produce reliable, repeatable decisions and results.
Python contains special libraries for machine learning namely scipy and numpy which works well with linear algebra and to know kernel methods of machine learning. The language is great to use when working with machine learning algorithms and has easy syntax relatively. This course covers the basics of Python and the implementation of a simple machine learning algorithm using python.
Introduction to Python
- Data Structures
Machine Learning algorithms in Python
- Anaconda Library
- Classification algorithms – Decision Tree and Naïve Bayes
- Clustering Algorithms
- Data Visualization
- Case study
Who can Attend?
Faculty from AICTE approved Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics, Research scholars, UG and PG students with relevant background. Candidates from industries and R&D organizations can also participate.
How to Apply
- The application form is available here.
- The applicants should send their applications in the specified format through their Principals / Sponsors to reach us on or before 03.09.2019. If selected, they should confirm their participation in time.
- Last date for receipt of applications: Sep 3, 2019
- Intimation of selection: Sep 4, 2019
- Confirmation by participants: Sep 5, 2019
- Date of workshop: Sep 7, 2019
- Registration fee is Rs. 500 (Inclusive of 18% GST )
- The registration fee includes course material, lunch and refreshment. Demand Draft for the registration fee must be drawn in favour of “The IIP Cell Grant in Aid A/C”, payable at Perundurai.
Coordinators: Dr P. Natesan, Ms PCD. Kalaivaani, Mr. S. Santhosh Kumar
Phone: +91-9443840665, +91-9659447988, +91-9788343588
Email: natesanp[at]kongu.ac.in, kalairupa[at]kongu.ac.in, santhosh[at]kongu.ac.in