Workshop on Introduction to Quantum Computing at SETS, Chennai [Feb 20-22]: Register by Feb 18
About the Organiser
Society for Electronic Transactions and Security [SETS] is a non-profit society dedicated to research and development in the field of Information Security under the initiative of the Office of the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) to Government of India.
About the Workshop
The National Workshop on Introduction to Quantum Computing is organised by Society for Electronic Transactions and Security, Chennai from Feb 20-22, 2020.
A quantum algorithm that is solely designed for quantum computers works based on the principles of quantum mechanics. Quantum computation is the center of both quantum algorithms and computers. There have been advancements in theories like Shor’s algorithm for finding factors of large primes, Grover’s search algorithm, etc. With recent developments and research on quantum supremacy, it is conjectured that a full-scale quantum computer will be developed in a not-so-distant future.
The objective of this workshop is to understand and study some theories of quantum computing and algorithms which will be useful for solving various problems related to cryptography, optimization, etc.
- Motivation of Quantum Computing
- Some Basic Results of Linear Algebra
- Postulates of Quantum Mechanics (Quantum State, State evolution, Measurement, etc.),
- Quantum gates
- Quantum Circuit
- Distinguishability of Orthogonal States
- Quantum Entanglement
- No-Cloning Theorem
- Superdense Coding
- Quantum Algorithms of Jozsa
- Shor and Grover
Who can Participate?
- PG Students
- Final Year UG Students
Rs. 3,000/- (Includes GST)
How to Register?
- Interested participants can register for the workshop by filling the registration available at this link.
- Registration fee along with registration form should be sent to the Coordinator on or before 2 days of each training programme starting date.
Dr P. Nageswara Rao
Mobile: 9884143131 Phone: 044 –66632506
For more details, click here.
About the Author