Workshop on Introduction to Digital Humanities at IIEST Shibpur [Dec 9-13]: Register by Nov 22
This course will provide a survey of the emerging ﬁeld of digital humanities with an emphasis on text analysis as an approach to the study of literature and culture. It is a truism that computers have changed our lives and the way we think and interact. But in fact, systematic eﬀorts to apply current technologies to the study of history and culture have been rare.
This course will enable students to consider how these technologies might transform the humanities. We will explore the various ways in which ideas and data in the humanities can be represented, analyzed, and communicated. We will also reﬂect on how the expansion of information technology has transformed and is continuing to transform the humanities, both about their role in the university and society at large.
The Department for humanities and Social Sciences is known for teaching and research collaboration with national and international universities, institutes and organizations in the English language and literature, theatre and the performing arts.
- Readings and classwork will be supplemented by a daily lab-session where we will try out basic text-analytic techniques.
- Any class notes will be uploaded on the course website in the form of Jupyter notebooks. Sample corpora to be used in class will be in the ﬁles section.
How to Apply?
- For registration, a Demand Dra of 3000 INR has to be drawn in favor of CONTINUING EDUCATION CENTRE-BESUS A/C no.1532010011963, UBI BESUS BRANCH.
- Please write your Name, Aﬃliaon and Mobile number at the back of the DD and send the DD via speed post to Prof. Mallika Ghosh Sarbadhikary Department of Humanities and Social Sciences Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology, Shibpur Howrah-711103, West Bengal, India to complete the registration process.
4. The DD should reach IIEST, Shibpur latest by 22.11.2019 (Friday).
- To register online, click here.
Phone Number: 8902392864
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.