Department of Chemistry, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal is organizing an MHRD-SPARC sponsored Workshop on Intricacies of Adsorbents, Adsorption & Catalytic Degradation during September 23-27.
About the Workshop:
This five days workshop is designed to explain the overview of various types of adsorbents and adsorption phenomenon at large. Experts will also provide in-depth information on modern catalytic degradation processes.
The workshop is organized under the aegis of ‘Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration’ (SPARC), an initiative of MHRD, Govt. of India, which provided grants under a bilateral collaborative project to this team and researchers from the University of St. Andrews (United Kingdom).
The primary objective of this workshop is to introduce participants with the chemistry associated with adsorption phenomenon, some advanced materials used as adsorbents and catalytic degradation.
Each day experts will deliver lectures and/or organize any activity for better learning concepts of the subject.
- Various adsorbents, their preparation, characterization, and applications.
- Batch and bulk adsorption, adsorption isotherms, kinetics, column operations, etc.
- Use of various adsorption isotherm models as a diagnostic tool to explain adsorption patterns and behaviors.
- Applications of adsorption isotherm models to determine thermodynamic parameters useful to understand the intricacies of the adsorption process.
- Theoretical and experimental aspects of catalytic degradation along with recent trends and applications.
Who Should Participate?
- Any faculty member, researcher or student interested to work/working in the field of water treatment and environment, having a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials or allied disciplines.
- The participant is expected to bring his/her own laptop and should have proficiency in MS Excel software.
- There is no participation fee to attend the workshop.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to send a demand draft of Rs. 3,000 in favor of ‘Director, MANIT, Bhopal’ on or before 20th August 2019, failing which their participation will be canceled and other candidates would be given the chance.
How to Apply?
- Interested participants are required to send completed ‘Registration Form’ to Dr. Jyoti Mittal, Department of Chemistry, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal 462 003.
- Please send a scanned copy of the application form to the email wschemmanit[at]gmail.com.
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2019.
- Selection Intimation: August 5, 2019.