Department of Counselling Psychology, the University of Madras in collaboration with Pause for Perspective is organizing the First International Couples Therapy Workshop in India on Imago Relationship Therapy during August 30-31.
About the Program:
The training will improve your effectiveness in working with couples. Imago Relationship Therapy (IRT) is a coherent, comprehensive and dynamic theory and practice, offering an effective, research-based method and a pathway for working with couples.
Learn how to offer couples systematic, structured support to transform painful dynamics, create safety and connection, and increase passion, whilst guiding them toward a greater understanding of their attachment and other developmental needs.
There is an option, following this two-day Training to participate in further training to
become a Certified Imago Therapist. This two-day program fulfills the first step in the requirement of becoming a Certified Imago Therapist. Click here for more information.
- Gain insight into the theory and practice of Imago Relationship Therapy, including demonstration and practice of Imago Dialogue.
- Learn clear steps for relationship repair.
- Coach attuned connectional experiences for couples.
- Enable couples to understand their journey from romantic love through to disconnection, frustration, and conflict, and to restore connection, passion, and hope.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of relationship dynamics from both an attachment and
- Incorporate developments in clinical research and neuroscience into your work with couples.
- Learn how to hold couples safely in processes that offer them the opportunity and capacity to make sense of their negative interactional cycles.
Conference Hall, Department of Counselling Psychology, University of Madras, Chepauk, Chennai.
Who can attend?
Clinical Psychologists, Counselors, Counseling Psychologists, Masters students in Psychology and other Mental Health Professionals who work with or are interested in specializing in couples work.
How to apply?
- Send the duly filled registration form by email to pause.perspective[at]gmail.com.
- After the Fee Payment send a screenshot to pause.perspective[at]gmail.com.
Last day of payment is 31st July 2019.
Call: 9121589588 or 9490708947 or 044-25399879
Email: pauseforperspective[at]gmail.com / sthenmozhi[at]yahoo.com