India has made a significant contribution to lichenological research in the last six decades and at
present more than 100 researchers are engaged in lichenological studies throughout the country.
Much of the research is focused on taxonomy, floristic or revisionary studies of lichens while biodeterioration, biomonitoring, climate change bioprospection and biomedical application aspects of lichens are recently initiated.
Lichenological researches in India have a strong base of classical taxonomy and still follows traditional techniques. At the same time, it is on the verge of transformation into modern lichenology incorporating several advanced aspects. The workshop would provide basic as well as the latest information about identification, bioprospection, and conservation of lichens and the current development in Indian lichenology research.
Topics to be covered
- Identification, classification, and nomenclature of lichens.
- Identification of lichens by conventional methods and image processing techniques & digitalization of lichens.
- Molecular taxonomy and phylogenetics of lichens.
- Lichen chemistry and bioprospecting methodologies.
- Conservation of lichens through field (In situ), symbiont culture and herbarium techniques (In vitro).
- Lichenicolous and endolichenic fungi.
- Lichen Bioinformatics, ecology and phytogeography.
The registration fee includes Workshop kit, Lab Manual, session refreshments, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The last date for Registration is 31st August 2019.
For Students & Scholars: Rs.1000/-
For Faculty & Scientist: Rs.1500/-
For Industry Persons: Rs.3000/-
For Accompanying Persons: Rs.1000/-
The registration fee can be transferred online as per the following details
Account Number: 822610110011851
Name of the Account: Botany Workshop
Name of the Bank: Bank of India
Name of the Branch: Bharathiar University
IFSC Code : BKID0008226
Interested can register by filling the form by clicking here.
Phone Number: +91 98658 57816
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might be interested in this post: https://www.noticebard.com/workshop-liquid-chromatography-pune/
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.