The National Academy of Sciences (NASI), India, established in 1930, is the oldest science academy in India. It is located in Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh
About the Workshop
The NASI, in cooperation with HRI, Prayagraj, will organize a Two Day Workshop on History of Indian Maths before 16th Century during Dec 30-31, 2019 at the NASI headquarters at Prayagraj. Note that the dates are different from usual dates Dec 22-23 because of some unavoidable conditions. The main theme of the workshop will be important talks/presentations followed by a thorough discussion on the contributions of Indian Mathematicians from the Vedic Period to the Medieval period which have been accepted by the whole mathematical world without controversy.
It is important for the young mathematicians of today to know exactly what and how much mathematics and astronomy we have given in to the present scientific world. The topics to be covered are as follows:
- Indian Contribution during Vedic Period,
- Indian Contribution during Classical period
- Indian Contribution during the Medieval Period.
Who can Attend?
All those students who are doing their B.Sc., B.Tech or M.Sc and have an interest in mathematics, are eligible to apply.
TA/DA (AC-III Train fare) will be paid to the selected students on participation, and submission of their TA bill with the copies of the tickets; lodging & boarding will also be provided (without any charge).
How to Apply?
- The applications on plain paper, stating full educational qualifications, contact number, email, date of birth, gender and the place of study, recommended by the Head of the Department, must be submitted by 10th of December 2019 to – Dr. Niraj Kumar, Executive Secretary, The National Academy of Sciences, India; 5, Lajpatrai Road, Prayagraj-211002. Email: nasi.prayagraj[at]gmail.com.
- The selected candidates will be informed by email; as well as the announcement on the website of NASI by Dec 15, 2019.
Dec 10, 2019
Convener: Prof SatyaDeo, GS, NASI