Microfluidics is a quickly growing, highly interdisciplinary field at the interface of physics, engineering, chemistry and biology. Over the past years microfluidic approaches have been used for a variety of applications including nucleotide sequencing, functional genomics,
single cell/single molecule studies and diagnostics. Many of these applications, including next generation sequencing device, have been revolutionized by miniaturization, paving the way for global gene analysis and hence transforming biology. The field of microfluidics
has four parents: molecular analysis, biodefence, molecular biology
This workshop would bring the academicians, researchers and practitioners in the area of micro and nanofluidics with their allied areas to a common platform to disseminate their knowledge and share their experiences. The designed course work also provides unique
learning opportunity by eminent Indian professors and Scientists.
- Analysis of Thermal Systems: A Dynamical Systems Perspective
- Illustration of FDM, FVM and FEM techniques for 1-D heat conduction
- Flows through deformable narrow confinements
- Fundamentals and applications of Microfluidic devices
- Microfluidic devices and their applications
- CFD applications in microfluidics
- Particle transport behavior in the microfluidic domain for sensor and energy applications
- Dr. Dipankar Bandyopadhyay
Chemical Engineering, IIT Guwahati, India
- Dr. Subhankar Sen
Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT- ISM Dhanbad, India
- Prof Achintya Mukhopadhyay
Mechanical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, India.
- Prof. Swarnendu Sen
Mechanical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, India
For the complete list, visit here.
The registration fees are given below:
- Faculty/Industry person/Staff member: Rs. 3,000
- Ph.D./M.Tech. B. Tech. Student: Rs. 2,000
Registration fee includes kit, study/lecture materials, copy of the Proceedings,
refreshment and lunch for one week during the course.
For the registration form, visit here.
Last Date for Registration: Jun 4
For any queries, contact
- Dr. R.N. Barman
Phone No: +919434789018
- Dr. S.C. Rana
Phone No: +919434788147
- Dr. Shantanu Pramanik
Phone No: +919434788146