The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM), and Centre for Ecological Economics and Natural Resources (CEENR), Institute for Social and Economic Change (ISEC), Bengaluru are organizing a 3 Day National Workshop cum Training on Green Growth Strategies for Climate Resilience and DRR: Policies, Pathways, and Tools from November 26 to 28, 2020.
The Institute for Social and Economic Change is a social science research institute in Bangalore, India. Founded in 1972, it is the largest among the 27 institutions supported by the Indian Council of Social Science Research. ISEC is one of three major institutions established by Prof. V. K. R. V.
India is one of the most highly risk-prone countries to climate change. The geo-climatic variations of the country make the population vulnerable to climate-related disasters in varying degrees, intensities and patterns. Natural disasters such as drought, flood, cyclone, etc., aggravated by impacts of climate change have been perceived as some unprecedented, but natural phenomenon by the community.
In view of this, the current workshop on ‘Climate Change and Resilient Society in Contemporary World: Ecology, Economy and Society Interface’ is organized to share experiences, exchange knowledge on adaptation and risk reduction strategies, communities’ responses, and best practices. The workshop will provide novel insights into climate change risk reduction in trans-disciplinary contexts.
Key objectives of the Workshop are:
- To understand the hazards of climate change on agriculture and biodiversity from case studies and community-experiences.
- To exchange knowledge and to document the pathways for climate change adaptation strategies, barriers, and possible solutions to adopt different adaptation options.
- To understand the extent of vulnerability of different socioeconomic sections to climate-related risks with special reference to agriculture and human-wildlife interaction.
- To discuss initiatives for DRR and their effectiveness to identify strategic requirements for policy recommendations.
Who can Attend?
Academicians, Researchers, NGOs, and community representatives, Officials from Government Departments are invited to apply for the workshop.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are requested from participants on the following sub-themes:
- Water Security, Land Resources and Desertification
- Food Security & Nutritional security under changing climate.
- Livelihoods and Climate Change (livestock, fisheries, etc.)
- Climate change and human-wildlife interaction.
- Socio-economic dimensions (eg: underprivileged, gender, etc.) of climate change.
- Health impacts of climate change
- Traditional Knowledge in Risk Reduction and Community Based Adaptation to Climate Change.
- Circular Economy & Green Economy in Climate resilience
- Finance in Climate Change Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Climate and Disaster Smart Villages (Science Technology and Innovation)
- Climate Actions, SDGs, and DRR.
The abstract should be of 200-300 words with 4-5 keywords which should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Workshop on Climate Resilient Society, ISEC-NIDM” as a subject.
There is no registration fee for the participants. Attendance is compulsory in at least 90% of days/ sessions. The submission of the abstract is not compulsory to attend the program.
To register for the workshop, click here. E-Certificate will be awarded to each participant on the successful completion of the Workshop for which 100% attendance is mandatory.
Mr. Y.D. Imran Khan
Phone Number: +91-9538152015
Email ID: email@example.com
For full notification, click the link below.