IIT Bhubaneswar is conducting a two-day Workshop on Formal Methods for Safe & Secure Medical Devices. In this workshop, there will be discussions on formal methods based approaches used in the domain of medical devices. There will also be discussions about approaches used for modeling behavior of organs used for static verification and testing of IMDs.
Participants will also get to know about light-weight formal approaches (runtime verification and runtime enforcement). There will also be discussions about safety/security issues in IMDs and runtime monitoring based approaches as solutions with the description of case-studies and their implementations.
- IMD security and associated challenges: Security challenges and overview of existing methods need for formal methods. Need for considering biophysical signals and signal processing.
- Introduction to formal methods for medical devices: Pacemaker safety, modeling, and verification of pacemakers using formal techniques, introductions to temporal logics and model checking.
- Cardiac electrophysiology, disease and pacing: Background and associated mathematically detailed models, cell communication and pacemaker response, heart on chip design for pacemaker testing.
- Formal Methods for securing IMDs: Static and run-time-based methods for security.
- Security issues in smart devices: Authentication, information flow, and leakage. • Concluding panel discussions on future directions.
Who can Attend
- B. Tech students having an interest in this field
- M.Tech, Ph.D & Research scholars
- Academicians, doctors, researchers and engineers from industries and R&D organizations
- IIT BBS students and research scholars: NIL
- Students (including research scholars): INR 600
- Professionals: INR 1500
Payment of registration fee should be made through bank transfer to CEP, IIT Bhubaneswar, Syndicate Bank, IIT Bhubaneswar, A/C- 24282010001960. Please make the fee payment first and enter the transaction details of payment while filling the registration form.
- Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
- The last date to register is January 5, 2020.
Phone Number: +91-8985679665
Email ID: email@example.com