Workshop Enhancing Trauma Management Skills among Nurse Practitioners at MGMIHS, Mumbai [Jan 28-29]: Registrations Open
About the Workshop
Road Injuries are one of the top four leading causes of death and health loss among persons of age group 15-49 years. The report of Ministry of Road Transport, Government of India, 2017 states that on an average 53 accidents and 16 deaths occurs every hour. Basic life support, first aid and replacement of fluids if arranged within the first hour of injury, lives of accident victims can be saved. Management of trauma patients includes collaborative and synchronised team approach.
The field of nursing is rapidly advancing and the nurses are prepared to meet the unique needs of patients from the emergency room to both acute and post-acute care situations. They are the first responders in a hospital to provide medical assistance and stabilize the condition of trauma patients. Competent nurses at the emergency and trauma units can significantly reduce the mortality and morbidity among trauma patients. Education and training of nurses on a regular basis will provide updates resulting in quality patient care.
This workshop aims to provide hands on skill building sessions to enhance future Nurse Practitioners to deliver comprehensive patient Care.
At the end of the conference, Participants will be able to;
- To demonstrate a systematic approach in the initial assessment of trauma patient.
- To describe the system specific management of trauma patient
- To demonstrate trauma management skills on simulated real-life situations
- Trauma- Initial Assessment
- Head Injury
- Airway Trauma
- Thoracic Injuries
- Airway Management, Cervical Spine Stabilization, Helmet Removal.
- ICD Insertion, Needle Decompression
- Abdominal Injury
- Musculoskeletal Injury
- Spinal Trauma
- Burn Injuries
- Central Line Insertion, Massive transfusion Protocols
- FAST Scan- Focussed Assessment with sonography for trauma
Who can participate?
- Nursing Professionals: Nurses working in Critical Care Units & Teaching faculty
- Students: Nurse Practitioner in Critical Care & M. Sc Nursing
Mrs. Jyoti Chaudhari
For more details, click here.
About the Author