Workshop on Energy Conversion & Storage at IIT Hyderabad [Dec 2-7]: Register by Nov 20
The course is designed to introduce the participants to technologies that can transform the existing fossil fuel-based economy to a low carbon economy.
Over the 6 days, the lectures will cover various aspects of electrochemical, photochemical and photovoltaic conversion and storage of energy. This course will provide graduate students, teachers, engineers, and researchers working in the technology domains of batteries, fuel cells, photovoltaic cells, clean fuels, and materials for energy storage, with the theoretical knowledge that will help them to advance the technology.
- Basic Electrochemistry: Overview of electrode processes, Potentials, and thermodynamics, Electrode kinetics and transport, Reference Electrodes, Potential step and sweep methods.
- Fuel Cell Technology: Basics of fuel cell operation, Fuel cell efficiency, Electrode kinetics applied to fuel cells, Simplified kinetics, Charge transport, Mass transport, Fuel cell characterisation, Different types of fuel cells and applications,
- Materials Synthesis and characterization: Different methods for materials synthesis, Characterisation of materials.
- Batteries: Battery basics, Lead-acid/lead-carbon batteries, Li-ion batteries, Beyond Li ion batteries
- Solar cells: Solar cells basics and physics, Inorganic solar cells, organic solar cells, Solar cell assembly, and characterization.
- Photocatalysis: Basic aspects of photocatalysis, Artificial photosynthesis, Solar fuels, Metal contaminant removal from water.
- There is no fee for participants from TEQIP sponsored institutes.
- For other participants, the course fee is Rs. 15,000.
- To register online for the course, click here.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a mail from teqip with an attachment of the filled form by the end of the day.
- You need to take a print of this form and write your institution full name if it is not there in the list and get it signed by your institution’s TEQIP coordinator/director, and send its scanned copy to teqip.
- You will receive a mail if your participation is confirmed.
- Please note that participation is allotted on a first come first serve basis.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.