NIT Raipur is conducting a Workshop On Elements of Research from November 25 to 29, 2019. The objective of this program is to promote scientific research and to motivate budding researchers. The beginner in research often faces difficulties, starting from searching research area, guide, research organization, etc.
Writing a paper is more important and it should have examined important scientific issues. The research paper has to original, controlled, correct, justified and should have a proper flow towards the hypothesis for which it’s planned for.
After research begins, there are many hurdles, such as how to select journals, what to read in papers, how to write research papers, and so on. This program is interdisciplinary in nature and speakers are from different Engineering streams.
The present Workshop is intended to cover basic elements of research such as:
- Importance of quality research
- The methodology of research & its communication
- Selection of a research area/supervisor/organization
- Selection of journal/publisher
- How to write a research paper/ report
- Literature review- Searching, reading, and writing
- Elements of research report writing and use of latex
- Interpretation of research findings
- Statistical analysis of results using software’s
- Advanced instrumentation/ analysis
- Quality measures of journal/manuscript/researcher (impact factor, indexing, plagiarism)
- Research collaboration & effective utilization of resources
- E-books, e-journals and Library services
- Ethical and moral values
Who can Attend?
- Faculty members/ Scientists/
- Practicing and R&D Engineers
- Research Scholars & Students
- Students: Rs. 750/-
- Faculty/Scientists: Rs. 1500/-
- Industry Delegates: Rs. 2000/-
- Applications in prescribed format and the course fee in the form of cheque or demand draft drawn in favor of “Director, NIT-Raipur” must reach the coordinator on or before 20th Nov 2019.
- The registration fee includes course materials.
- A certificate will be given to the participants after the successful completion of the course.
- Boarding, lodging and travel expenses should be borne by the participants.
- To download the registration form, click here.
Phone Number: 09630058194
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org