The Department of Chemistry, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli is organizing an Online Workshop on Electronic Structure Theory & Application to Chemical Systems from November 2 to 6, 2020.
The National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu was started as a joint and cooperative venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 with a view for catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the Country.
NIT Tiruchirappalli is one of the 31 NITs established by the Government of India. The Institute retained its No.1 position among all NITs and ranked 9th in Engineering in the “India Rankings 2020” released by NIRF, MHRD Government of India.
This workshop aims to motivate the students in the field of computational modeling and simulation and to provide a future direction to eco-friendly and cost-effective research in designing efficient materials for energy and biological applications.
The lectures will be presented by experienced Professors and Scientists from India and Abroad. The participants will learn computational aspects of quantum theory and machine learning approaches. The Faculty members, scholars, and students from the academic Institutions/ Research Labs are eligible to attend.
- Dr. Swapan K Ghosh, Distinguished Professor, Department of Atomic Energy, University of Mumbai
- Dr. Sourav Pal, Director, and Professor, Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER-Kolkata
- Dr. Prasad V Bharatam, Professor, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, NIPER-Mohali
- Dr. Swapan K Pati, Professor & Chairman, Theoretical Sciences Unit, JNCASR, Bangalore
- Dr. Pranab Sarkar, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan
- Dr. Ayan Datta, Professor, School of Chemical Sciences, IACS, Kolkata
- Dr. Raghavan B Sunoj, Professor, Department of Chemistry, IIT-Bombay
- Senior Principal Scientist, CSIR-NIIST, Trivandrum
- For Students: Rs. 300/-
- For Research Scholars/ Postdocs: Rs.400/-
- For Faculty Members: Rs.500/-
The Registration fee shall be paid to the following account through NEFT/ IMPS: Account Name: The Director, NIT, Tiruchirappalli; Account No: 10023883064; IFSC Code: SBIN0001617; Payable at State Bank of India, NIT, Trichy.
To register for the workshop, click here. The last date to register is October 31, 2020.
They will share the program details and meeting link to the registered Participants.
Phone Number: (+91) 9443843076
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Online FDP on Neuronal Dynamics & Neuromorphic Computing by IIT Patna [Oct 19-23]: Registrations Open.