About the Organiser
VIT is established by well-known educationalist and former parliamentarian, Dr.G.Viswanathan, Founder and Chancellor, a visionary who transformed VIT into a centre of excellence in higher technical education. VIT was established with the aim to provide quality higher education on par with International Standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.
About the Workshop
The Workshop on Drone Designing & Customization is organised by School of Computing Science & Engineering, VIT Chennai on Oct 9, 2019.
Drones and IoT Technologies
Learn IoT and Python with Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to IoT and Raspberry P
- Raspberry Pi environment
- Python Basics
- Playing with Python
- Program for accessing GPIOs, controlling LEDs
- Interfacing Sensors
Standalone IoT device and their business applications
Drones – Building and Industrial applications
- Drone Laws, regulations and legal issues
- Physics of flying drones – thrust, drag, weight lift
- Radio programming
- Importance of Flight controllers
- Functions of Electronic Speed Controllers and Brushless DC motors
- Drone assembly and controls
- Applications – Security and Agriculture
- Industrial requirements and How to approach them
- Profile building and Resume writing for these job profiles
- Students/ Research Scholars:Rs.1000/-
- Faculty/ Industry: Rs.1200/-
How to Register?
Interested participants can fill in the registration form available here and send the scanned registration form, ID card and DD to the coordinators’ email addresses (reshmi.tr[at]vit.ac.in, ganapathys[at]vit.ac.in) on or before 4th October 2019.
Oct 4, 2019
Coordinators: Dr Reshmi TR, Dr Ganapathy S
Email: reshmi.tr[at]vit.ac.in, ganapathys[at]vit.ac.in