National Workshop on Digital Technologies for Social Science Research is an effort to enrich the Research scholars on research tools and software. The research methodology course for scholars is expected to cover the basics of research methodology focusing on theoretical and practical inputs. Specifically the formulation of research problem, formulation of research hypothesis and testing of hypothesis, conducting literature review, data collection methods, selection of appropriate parametric or non-parametric statistical method for analysing data, and report writing.
However the technical aspects are left behind in the process where scholars find it difficult to deal with the software and tools required for data analysis, visualization, reference management, bibliographical database, repository management software for preserving literature in a systematic and organized manner.
- To enhance the skillsets and knowledge to comprehend appropriateness of statistical software packages for Social Science Research.
- To impart capabilities for data analysis & visualization, using R programming language and Tableau software package.
- To introduce to methods of gathering the data using handheld technologies (mobiles, tablets, etc.,)
- To impart capabilities for using reference management tools, software and bibliographical databases.
- To make the participants able to start an e-Publishing by installing, uploading & retrieving e-contents using OJS
- To introduce google analytics platform for the social science research for data analysis.
Research scholars, early career researchers and faculty members engaged in research in the field of social sciences.
The registration fee is Rs. 5900. Click here to register.
The last date of the registration for the workshop is March 20, 2020.
For any queries, contact
Workshop Convener & Chairperson, Computer Centre,