IIM Sirmaur is organizing a five-day Research Workshop on Devising Research Papers Using Multi-Criteria Decision Making and Qualitative Content Analysis from May 20 to 24, 2020. The proposed workshop is aimed to impart empirical (quantitative as well as qualitative) research skills to conceptualize and build a research paper on a relevant business and/ or policy issue.
The objectives of the workshop are to provide hands-on learning experience on conducting and recording focus-group discussion, preparing discussion transcript, thematic analysis of the transcript, and identification of most important concepts from the focus group discussion.
The workshop is also envisaged to provide the principle and working knowledge of Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) to identify the relative importance and structural relationship of the uncovered research themes.
- Conceptual understanding of the focus-group discussion.
- Identification of the critical research issues in the public-policy/management domain.
- Conceptual understanding of Fuzzy ANP and identification of top 8-10 issues from the identified issues by the participants.
- Software Training for MCDM (Super decisions)
- Group assignment to the participants in a group size of 5-6 to conduct a focused-group discussion on the identified most important topic.
- Recording, transcript preparation, themes identification.
- Explanation and calculation of inter-rater reliability of the identified themes using Cohen’s kappa and Krippendorff’s alpha
- Identification of the reliable factors for the identified issue of discussion.
- Mathematics of Fuzzy ANP.
- Application of Fuzzy ANP on the identified factors.
- Constructing the skeleton of a research paper using Qualitative content analysis and MCDM.
- Research paper presentation.
Ph.D./ FPM scholars and faculty/ industry members from the discipline of social sciences/ management/ public policy or Ph.D. scholars and faculty/ industry members from all other disciplines interested in interdisciplinary research-oriented to social sciences, management, and public policy.
- For Ph.D. scholars: INR 10000 (Accommodation to be provided in IIM Sirmaur student’s Hostel)
- For Faculty/ Industry members: INR 20000 (Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis)
Interested candidates can register online by clicking here.
The last date to register is April 15, 2020, and selected candidates will be notified by April 25, 2020.
Phone Number: 9350434120
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org