The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati in collaboration with AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy is organizing an Online Workshop on Device Security in the Internet of Things from July 7 to 11, 2021.
This workshop aims to provide a basic understanding of all the above aspects of device security in IoT. It will provide a comprehensive understanding of the security requirements of IoT devices that will help faculty/research-students/master’s and bachelor’s students to also pursue application development and research in this direction.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is a public technical and research university established by the Government of India, located in Guwahati, in the state of Assam in India. It is the sixth Indian Institute of Technology established in India.
- IoT device architecture, Security attacks, Vulnerabilities, and security requirements.
- IoT attack types, attack surfaces, applications, and IoT Malware.
- Denial of service attacks, IoT Botnets, attacks, and countermeasures.
- IoT application layer protocols, vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- IoT device authentication, user authentication, and access control techniques.
- Cloud security, Network functions virtualization, security policies.
- Secure IoT – cloud integration, secure home-automation techniques like IFTTT.
- Secure device programming techniques, cloud solutions like Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Privacy in IoT, Advanced Persistent Threats on Critical Infrastructure, countermeasures.
- Enterprise IoT Security, Intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- IoT device security: building automation systems, wearable device security in health care.
- Research challenges: current and future research directions.
Who can Attend?
Participation in this FDP is open to the faculty members of the AICTE approved institutions, research scholars, PG students, participants from Government and Industry (Bureaucrats and Technicians), and staff of host institutions. Registration Fees There is no Registration fee from any participant.
The course content will be delivered from a pool of resource persons with expertise on the subject from industry and academic institutions. Pedagogy: PPT slides handout, online lecturing, and demonstration videos. An online test will be conducted at the end of the
A Digital certificate from AICTE ATAL Academy will be issued to those who have attended the program without any absenteeism and scored a minimum of 60% marks on the test.
There is no registration fee for the workshop.
To register for the workshop, click here.
The number of seats are 200. The selection will be done on a first-come first-serve basis.
You might also be interested in: