About the Organiser
Sambhaavnaa Institute is located in a small village Kandwari of Himachal Pradesh which provides alternative learning and living space for those concerned with social and political change. Founded under the aegis of the Kumud Bhushan Education Society in 2004.
Sambhaavnaa’s primary objective has been to nurture value-based leadership by encouraging individuals, especially the youth, to discuss and develop a critical perspective on the ideals and ideas that define a ‘just’ society.
About the Workshop
This is a call to all teachers, students, activists, community mobilisers and citizens who are deeply concerned about this state of affairs. It is a call to come together to combat these pernicious ideas that attack the fundamental framework of what our democracy is about and the ideals of what we want to be that are enshrined in our Constitution.
The Sambhaavnaa Institute of Public Policy and Politics, are organising a workshop of five days that will help you find the necessary ideas and tools to combat the juggernaut that spreads this web of lies and deceit and a group of dedicated and reputed resource people will help you on this journey to dismantle it.
- Understanding the history, origin, nature and narrative of the current propaganda of hate, divisiveness and fear
- Exploring the counter and positive narratives that existed in history: ideologies and ideologues in support of diversity, equality, freedom and justice. Tukaram, Namdev, Kabir, Gurunanak, Buleshah, Baba Fareed, Savitribai and Jyotiba Phule.
- Underlining our syncretic and inclusive civilisation.
- Equip ourselves with cultural and popular education tools and language to combat bigotry and instill constitutional values: popular Hindi film songs on equality, friendship, inclusiveness.
- Identifying and combating fake news and disinformation, which spreads hate and divisiveness
This workshop is not meant as an academic exercise and is a call to action to people to want to challenge the status quo and contribute in meaningful ways using whatever skills and tools are there at their disposal.
Methodology and Language
The workshop will have speakers and thinkers who will share their experience and will also equip participants using activities and exercises to come up with creative ways to combat this politics of hate. The workshop will be facilitated in Hindi, Hindustani and some English.
Date and Venue
March 11 to 15, 2019. Sambhaavnaa Institute, VPO – Kandbari, Tehsil – Palampur, District – Kangra, PIN 176061, Himachal Pradesh
Rs. 2500 for 5 days.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the workshop through this link.
Shashank (889 422 7954 (between 10 am to 5 pm))