The Electronics & ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati, Assam in collaboration with Department of Computer Applications, Sikkim University, Sikkim and Xtrans Solutions Pvt. Ltd. are organizing a three-day Workshop on on Blockchain Technology during March 28-30. Apply by March 15.
About E& ICT Academy:
Electronics and ICT Academy is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) Ministry of Communications and IT, Govt. of India for Faculty/ Research Scholar Development Programme. Academy has planned short term training programmes on fundamental and advanced topics in IT, Electronics & Communication, Product Design, Manufacturing with hands-on training and project work using the latest software tools and systems.
About the University:
Sikkim University is a Central University established by an Act of Parliament in 2007. The university offers a number of UG and PG Programmes in Social Sciences, Sciences, Computer Applications, Education, Languages and Professional studies. It offers MPhil and Ph.D. in all these disciplines. The university has demonstrated the high standards of teaching and research.
About the Workshop:
The objective of the workshop is to provide an overview of Blockchain Technology, trace its evolution, familiarize participants with its existing and possible applications, understand security concerns, give examples of use cases and give an opportunity to participants to innovate through Hands-ON sessions. Towards this end, the workshop will cover the following:
- Introduction to Blockchain technology – Overview and Evolution.
- Decentralized applications & Blockchain.
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin and Blockchain Data Structures.
- Hyperledger Blockchain.
- To design and build a basic IoT system using Blockchain.
- Opportunities, Societal impact, and Challenges.
- The Convergence of Blockchain, IoT, AI, and Future Predictions.
- Blockchain–Various Use cases.
Assignments will be of the following type:
- MCQ based questionnaire.
- Hacking Assignments (Problem statement will be provided).
- At the end of the course “Project” will be assigned to the participants which will be based on the Practical Case Studies.
- Usage of Ethereum tools.
- Create your own Dapp (Decentralised App).
Graduate, Post Graduate, Faculty, research and Industry personnel, wanting to get a basic knowledge of Blockchain Technology.
Contact course coordinator from Sikkim University for the registration fees- Partha Pratim Ray, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Applications, Sikkim University.
Mob: 7908402850, 9433668194.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No: +91- 7086502139, +91-3612583182.