About the Workshop
The First International Workshop on Blockchain Technology for Big Data Analytics and Applications is organised by NIT Surathkal in conjunction with 2020 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2020) from Dec 10-13, 2020.
Currently, blockchain technology is a topic of much interest in research and in practical applications. The basic tenet of this technology is that it allows one to create a distributed and replicated ledger of events, transactions, and data generated through various IT/business processes with strong cryptographic guarantees of tamper resistance, immutability, and verifiability. Besides its successful applications such as Bitcoin, currently, its span of applications are broadening in several areas including science, engineering, management, healthcare, banking and finance.
Blockchain technology has huge potential in big data analytics and its applications. For example, big data analytics play important role in organizational health monitoring and management of business processes. Various cross-organizational workflows and applications across industry sectors like healthcare, finance, manufacturing, international Trade, insurance, retail, supply chain, recruitment, media, real-estate, and education require to adhere to complex compliance and operational requirements. They can benefit significantly by blockchain implementation in big data analytics. The benefits include enhanced security, trust, data truthfulness and transparency while improving the operational efficiency.
This workshop will examine this important area: blockchain technology for big data analytics and applications. It will provide an excellent platform for researchers and practitioners from academia and industry to exchange cutting edge research ideas, information on recent and ongoing developments and practical insights that blockchain technology can offer to big data analytics and applications. It will also enable participants to examine and to understand the challenges that we need tackle to realize their full potential.
This workshop invites researchers in academia and industry and other interested technical contributors from all over the world to share their innovative research work, information about their projects, and their new knowledge in this burgeoning field.
Call for Papers
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Blockchain technologies in big data ecosystem
- Blockchain architectures for big data systems
- Blockchain protocols for applications of big data systems
- Blockchain software platforms for big data applications
- Big data privacy and security through blockchain
- Big data provenance and protection through blockchain
- Machine learning / deep learning for big data security with blockchain
- Security in IoT / edge / cloud computing for big data applications with blockchain
- Data trust models and frameworks with blockchain technology
- Blockchain system design, performance and optimization for big data applications
- Blockchain based secure storage management
- Big data security, privacy and trust with blockchain
- Information retrieval based on blockchain
- Data mining and knowledge discovery based on blockchain
- Query processing with blockchain and analytics
- Transaction management with blockchain
- Smart contracts and distributed ledger for big data an- alytics
- Innovative applications driven by blockchain in big data and analytics
- Big data tracking and tracing over blockchain
- Auditing and integrity management through blockchain for big data applications
To submit papers, click here.
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the workshop through this link.
- Oct. 1, 2020: Due date for full workshop papers submission
- Nov. 1, 2020: Notification of paper acceptance to authors
- Nov. 15, 2020: Camera-ready of accepted papers (as per main conference)
- Dec. 10-13 2020: Workshops (as per main conference)
For more details, click the link below.