About the organiser
DBAR (Digital Belt and Road Program) is an international research program for promoting cooperation with countries along the Belt and Road route to advocate and demonstrate the smart use and application of Big Earth Data in support of the sustainable development of people and economies at the local, national and regional levels.
About the workshop
DBAR will organize the International Training Workshop on Big Earth Data for Disaster Risk Reduction with the objective of strengthening the experience of Big Earth Data applications for DRR and enhancing the use of various data in DRR application platform. The workshop will provide a scientific and practical guide on the concept to the participants from developing countries along Belt and Road.
- Young academicians and researchers in the field of disaster risk reduction
- Young practitioners from national/ local governments and civil society organizations.
Female applicants will be given priority.
Big Earth Data for Disaster Risk Reduction
The best workshop participants will have an opportunity to be provided travel grants for attending or presenting research at future seminars or conferences to be organized by DBAR.
Those applicants who have been selected will be provided round-trip international airfares between their home countries and Beijing (economy class), and the local expenses such as board and lodging, field tour, local transportation, etc. during the workshop.
How to apply
- Download the application form from the official website.
- Submit them to the SDIM Secretariat by any of the following modes:
1. By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
2. By fax: +86-10-8217-8959.
- Last date to apply: 24 August
- Date of conference: 30 October-5 November
For more information please contact:
Ms Ni Qingrong
For more information about the workshop, visit the official website.