Workshop on Basic Research Tools at MNIT Jaipur [Jan 20-24]: Register by Jan 15
The Department of Physics, MNIT Jaipur is conducting a Workshop on Basic Research Tools from January 20 to 24, 2020. The workshop will deal with the problems of the collection of data, organizing, compilation, presentation, and other research-related problems which the students and research scholars confront during their research work.
This workshop is an attempt to provide answers for queries of the scholars and make their research work easier, more scientific, need-based and genuine. The objective of this workshop is to conduct quality research utilizing modern tools for handling research data in the most efficient manner, this workshop aims to provide the resources and know-how training to the research students.
The questions like how to develop the framework for scientific writing, which methodology to follow, which citation tool should be used for citing published resources, how the research work of other researchers could be quoted without plagiarism and copyright issues, what are the different referencing styles which could be followed and how these could be utilized and presented in thesis or reports? etc., faced by the researcher during his/her research work will be addressed in this workshop.
Participants are advised to bring their own laptop computers. Further information will be provided before/during the training sessions.
- Basic Introduction to Research and Writing Scientific Research Papers using MS Word with Reference Manager/Mendeley & Grammarly.
- Resources and Tools for Literature Survey; Making Research Presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint & use of EndNote.
- Basics of Research Ethics; Introduction to LaTeX/MikeTeX for Thesis/Manuscripts & Presentations.
- Citation, h-Index, Impact factor, and Copyright Issues; Error Analysis and Data Processing using GNU Plot
- Sources of Information for Scientific Research writing & Plagiarism Issues; Data Analysis using MS Excel and Origin.
Who can Attend?
Ph. D. students, Undergraduate & Post-graduate students of MNIT Jaipur only, who are interested in learning about basic tools used for research writing in the broad areas of physics, materials chemistry, materials science, and engineering.
- There are no participation fees and the maximum number of participants is limited to 40 students only.
- The participants will be selected based upon their statement of purpose-filled in the registration form.
- A performance report/certificate will be issued to the successful candidates.
- To register online, click here.
- The last date to register is January 15, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.