Augmenting Writing Skills for Articulating Research (AWSAR) is an initiative that aims to disseminate Indian research stories among the masses in an easy to understand and interesting format to a common man. Under this initiative, Ph.D. Scholars and Post-Doctoral Fellows (PDFs) in Science and Technology (S&T) streams would be encouraged to write at least one popular science article during the tenancy of their fellowship, and to participate in a national competition.
- Encourage youth pursuing higher studies to submit at least one story/article based on their research work.
- Foster, strengthen and create scientific temper through popular science writing and creating a culture of science communication/popularisation among the scholars.
- Recognize the initiative and output of researchers on the specific aspects of natural, physical, mathematical and information sciences, applied science, technology, engineering, and multi-disciplinary science.
- Conduct training Workshops for Early Career Researchers (Ph.D. Scholars and PDFs) in popular science writing.
- Significance of communicating science in popular writing format.
- Differentiating technical and popular writing.
- The hands-on experience of how to write popular science stories.
- Any Indian citizen pursuing a Ph.D. or Post- Doctorate in any stream of Science and Technology (S&T).
- Scholars enrolled in the Ph.D. program of government-approved Institutions for the last two years.
- Post-Doctoral Fellows (PDFs) associated with any recognized institute.
Interested Candidates can apply by clicking here.
Phone Number: +91-11-26590541
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.