Workshop on Airborne Hyperspectral Remote Sensing at ICAR-IARI, New Delhi [Feb 10-20]: Register by Jan 29
The purpose of the training cum workshop is to develop skills and capacity in the use of hyperspectral remote sensing from controlled conditions (laboratory and climate-controlled greenhouse) to field conditions using ground and airborne remote sensing platforms. The technology also has a larger capability in high throughput phenotyping and precision for precision farming.
The program consists of a series of lectures by the eminent experts from India and abroad along with extensive hands-on training. The last day of the training (Feb 20) is planned to have a day workshop on the proposed program inviting many researchers, stakeholders, and policymakers to discuss issues and challenges on Imaging Spectroscopy and UAV remote sensing for making the technology a viable operable option for Plant Phenomics and Precision Agriculture.
Broadly topics covered at the workshop will be:
- Principles of Spectroscopy in VNIR and Thermal range,
- Imaging spectroscopy,
- Unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV),
- Pre-processing and processing of imaging and non-imaging hyperspectral data,
- Collected using platforms at the ground,
- UAV and Manned Aerial Vehicle will be demonstrated for processing.
- Many potential applications on high throughput phenotyping and precision farming will also be covered.
Who can Attend?
M.Sc. and Ph.D. students of ICAR-Deemed to be Universities/SAUs/CAUs/CUs/ other UGC recognized Universities and Research Institutes are eligible to apply. A maximum of 20 students/research fellows and 20 faculties/scientists will be selected for participation in the training program.
Working knowledge of computers is mandatory. Workshop on Feb 20, 2019, is open for all expecting maximum participant is 100. All selected participants for the training program are part of the workshop.
- Outstation selected students/research fellows shall be provided AC III-tier train or bus fare by the shortest route and free moderate lodging and boarding as per ICAR norms at IARI Guest House / Trainee’s Hostel.
- Faculties/scientists would require to bear their expenses for travel and self-arranged accommodation from their host Institutes.
- No registration fee will be charged for the course. Food will be taken care of by the organizer.
- The completed application form in the prescribed format forwarded by Head of the institute or Department authority should reach the Course Director, NAHEP-Centre for Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology (CAAST), Division of Agricultural Physics, ICAR-IARI, New Delhi on or before 29th January 2020 over email email@example.com.
- To download the application form, click here.
- The last date to apply is January 29, 2020.
- Selected candidates will be intimated by email on or before 31st Jan. 2020.
Phone Number: +91 9701167745
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.