Welcome to the 21st Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty. This year’s conference theme will be: Institutions for Equity & Resilience.
The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world. This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector.
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
Call for Papers
- Interested candidates can submit their papers online by clicking here.
- Abstracts should be between 800 and 1,500 words, anonymous, written in American English, and submitted online in Word format. Abstracts less than 800 words will not be reviewed.
- Abstract selection for presentation is through a double-blind peer-review process. Criteria are (i) relevance to conference thematic tracks; ; (ii) innovative and new; (iii) evidence-based and methodological appropriateness (iv) significance for policy, interventions or research agenda; and (v) clarity of proposal.
- Due to space limitation, registered participants will be assigned max. one slot for an oral presentation
- The last date to submit is October 13, 2019.
- October 13, 2019: Deadline to submit abstracts
- December 3, 2019: Notification of acceptance of papers, posters and MasterClasses
- Jan 31, 2020: Deadline to complete registration and pay conference fees for all presenting authors of papers and posters, and Masterclass organizers
Email ID: email@example.com