Department of Science and Technology (DST) is happy to launch Online Project Submission for Women Scientists Scheme -A (WOS-A) with the aim to facilitate a smart user friendly system. The system enables aspiring women scientists to submit their project proposal online and also facilitates tracking of the proposal status.
The ‘wosa’ online portal also provides Guidelines for project submission and project implementation along with various formats required while implementing project e.g. annual progress report, project completion report, utilization certificate, statement of expenditure etc.
Department sincerely hopes that the Online Project Submission System will be highly useful and convenient for Women Scientists.
- Persons already in employment need not apply.
- Women scientists, less than 27 years of age are not eligible.
- Women scientists, with a minimum of Post Graduate degree, equivalent to M.Sc. in Basic or Applied Sciences or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualifications, are eligible for this scheme. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs. 30,000/- PM.
- Women scientists, with M.Tech. or MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities can also apply. The amount of fellowship for such candidates will be Rs.40,000/- PM.
- Women scientists having Ph.D. Degree in Basic or Applied Sciences will be entitled for fellowship of Rs.55,000/- PM.
- Age relaxation of 5 years would be given to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category.
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS]
- Chemical Sciences [CS]
- Life Sciences [LS]
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS]
- Engineering & Technology [ET].
This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of Rs. 30 lakh (for Ph.D. or equivalent), Rs. 25 lakh (for M.Tech/M.Pharm or equivalent) and Rs. 20 lakh (for M.Sc. or equivalent) for a well-defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years.
This grant will include the fellowship of the applicant and cost of small equipments, contingencies, travel, consumables etc. Institutional overhead charges will be extra.