The Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice (Kroc IPJ), University of San Diego, USA invites applications for the Women PeaceMakers Fellowship for the year 2020.
The Women PeaceMakers Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for local women peacebuilders to engage in a cycle of learning, practice, research, and strengthening of peacebuilding partnerships through participation in a 12-month fellowship.
Four Fellows and four individuals who represent leading international peacebuilding organizations (IPs), will be selected as a cohort to drive forward applied research that focuses on building mutual learning and stronger partnerships between women peacebuilders and international organizations who are working to end cycles of violence.
During the 12-month fellowship with the Kroc IPJ, Fellows will:
- Learn from and with other leading Fellows and the Kroc School’s team;
- Gain new perspectives, support and innovative approaches to peacebuilding;
- Expand their professional peacebuilding networks;
- Drive forward vital peacebuilding research that focuses on shifting practice and policy.
The Women PeaceMaker program is based at the University of San Diego’s Kroc School of Peace Studies.
Each year the fellowship’s research has a specific peacebuilding issue area it is gathering evidence and data on. During this year we will focus on:
How can international peacebuilding organizations better partner with local women peacebuilders to address the closing spaces and increased insecurity women are currently facing when working to end cycles of violence?
During these times of COVID-19, we believe this issue is becoming more relevant as we are seeing a rise in authoritarianism, and women facing greater barriers to their participation in peacebuilding.
Applicants for the Women PeaceMakers Fellowship must:
- Have worked for 10+ years as a peacebuilder and have worked directly in their local peacebuilding contexts;
- Demonstrates peacebuilding/ peacemaking skills and attitudes;
- Be in a position to participate in all activities during the 12-month fellowship and apply what is learned at the conclusion of the residency program;
- Has worked directly with international peacebuilding organizations on the 2020/2021 year’s focus.
- Demonstrate local credibility and a strong social network within her country/community of practice;
- Speak sufficient English to relate to personal experiences.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply online by clicking here. The last date to apply is May 1, 2020.
Phone Number: 6192607573
Email ID: email@example.com
For further details, click here.
You might also be interested in Youth for Peace International Fellowship Programme 2020 [Work from Home, 1 Year]: Apply by April 18.